How to create Live USB using Etcher
Creating Live USB using Etcher
Etcher is an opensource USB image flashing tool for creating bootable Linux USB drives. Its available for Linux, Windows and Mac
Step 1: Downloading Etcher
Visit Etcher website and download the appropriate version for your operating system
On Linux give Etcher the proper permission to execute the program.
Launch Etcher after fixing the permission.
Step 2: Choose an Image source
- Flash from file: For flashing an image file from the computer
- Flash from URL: For flashing an image from an URL
- Clone drive: For cloning an existing USB drive
For this tutorial we are going to use "Flash from file".
- Press Flash from file button
- Choose a ISO image from your device
Step 3: Choose the target device
- Click on the "Select target" button
- From the popup select the USB device you want to flash the image to.
Step 4: Flashing the image
Press the "Flash!" button to start the flashing process. When the process completes a confirmation message will be displayed.
Etcher validating the flashed image.
Flash Complete. Close the Etcher window and boot your device using the live usb.