Speed Up Joomla Using JCH Optimize
Download JCH Optimize
Login to Joomla Admin
Login to the Joomla admin inorder to install and configure JCH Optimize
Enable JCH Optimize Plugin
Go to Extensions > Plug-in Manager. If you can’t find JCH Optimize there then just search for “JCH“. Now just press the RED status button to enable JCH Optimize.
Configuring JCH Optimize
There are three main configuration panels in JCH Optimize. These are “Basic Options“, “Advanced Options” and “Sprite Generator“.
- Combine CSS Files: Combine all external CSS files into one file.
- Replace @import: IF yes, plugin will replace all @import property from aggregated CSS file with internal urls and replace them with the respective CSS content.
- Minify CSS: If yes will remove all whitespaces and comments from CSS for optimized download.
- Minify HTML: If yes will remove all whitespaces and comments from HTML for optimized download.
- Lifetime (days): Lifetime of aggregated file in days. Expires headers are added to this file reflecting this time.
- Exclude all extensions: Exclude all files from components, modules and plugins from the aggregation process. Advanced users should set this to NO and use the next 3 parameters to tune and get the most out of this plugin.
- Exclude CSS Files: Ignore these CSS files; Separate files with a comma, semi-colon, colon or any whitespace.
- JQuery No Conflict: JQuery conflict with Mootools, If your site has both libraries, please use JQuery No conflict mode.
- JQuery File Name: Replace this default with the actual name of your jquery file right here. For e.g., jquery.min.1.3.5.js
EXCLUDE_COMPONENTS_LABEL=”Exclude individual extensions.
- Use htaccess: If yes, the urls of the replaced files will be of a more aesthetic ‘flat link’ type’. Use of this option might cause problems if your server is not configured to use htaccess files. You could try editing the file yourself if you’re so inclined.
- Enable sprite generator: If yes will combine some background images in one called a sprite to reduce http lookups.
- Image file type: Select whether the sprite should be a png image or a gif image.
- Amount of images in sprite: There are two options to choose how many images must be included in sprite. Minimum, meaning no-repeat images with no background position declared or maximum, meaning those included in minimum and other no-repeat images with background-position: 0 0;
- Sprite build direction: Determine in which direction the images must be placed in sprite. Horizontal or Vertical.
- Wrap images: Will wrap images in sprite into another row or column if the length of the sprite becomes longer than 2000px.
- Include additional images in sprite: If minimum is selected above, you can include additional images in the sprite. Separate multiple images with comma, semi-colon or any whitespace.
- Exclude images from sprite: If maximum is selected above, you can exclude one or more of the images if they are displayed incorrectly. Separate multiple images with comma, semi-colon or any whitespace.
Just configure JCH Optimize the way you want and save the settings. And JCH Optimize will optimize your joomla site and increase page load time and seo.
If you like this JCH Optimize then please leave a review at their JED or sourceforge site. And if you like this tutorial please leave a comment.